The Arcola School District Board of Education recently approved contracts for completing the elementary school building addition and renovation project. The project is scheduled to begin on April 1, 2020 and be completed by August 28, 2020.
The following are components that will be included in this project:
- Construction of a new front elementary entrance extending to the north from current entrance. This will include a new reception/waiting area designed with security in mind. It will also include expanding the width of the hallway
- Construction of new main office, several offices for staff, a conference room, and three smaller classroom spaces.
- Renovation of current elementary library.
- Transforming the current office and part of the staff workroom into new boys and girls restrooms.
- Expansion of the nurse area into a larger area with more space.
- Replacement of asphalt by newly renovated preschool playground.
- Floor and ceiling tile replacement in all elementary hallways and current cafeteria area
- Renovation of all hallway and cafeteria wall finishes.
The school board accepted the following bids:
· NES, INC for Asbestos Removal in the amount of $112,405.
· Wagner Masonry for Masonry Package in the amount of $169,000
· Petry-Kuhne Company for Carpentry Package in the amount of $724,200
· Industrial Services for Roofing and Sheet Metal Package in the amount of $113,800
· Von Alst Operating LLC for Drywall and Paint Package in the amount of $441,793
· X-Treme Mechanical for Plumbing Package in the amount of $116,900
· Reliable Plumbing and Heating for Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning in the amount of $242,274
· Anderson Electric for the Electrical Package in the amount of $150,012
This project will require some changes to drop off procedures for elementary school parents. Information will be sent home to all parents in Friday folders.