PRE-ARRANGED ABSENCE (FOR ABSENCES TO BE EXCUSED IN ADVANCE)
At the discretion of the administration, a student may be allowed to pre-arrange an absence for vacations, meetings, etc., thereby receiving an excused absence. The number of excused absences for vacations shall be limited to five (5) days. Parents should contact the school at least five (5) days prior to the planned absence. Failure to do so may result in the absence being designated as unexcused. The following steps must be followed to secure a pre-arranged absence:
1. After a parent has contacted the school a student should obtain and complete a prearranged absence form from the office. Prearranged absence forms must be cleared by the principal before being submitted to the teachers for assignments. This must be done at least four (4) days before the scheduled absence.
2. All assignments must be secured prior to the pre-arranged absence.
3. All assignments must be completed the day the student returns to school.
4. Failure to complete the steps listed above will result in a grade of “0” for all assignments due.
5. Previously announced tests must be taken the day the student returns.
6. Any extension of make-up work must be approved by the principal
Parents can also call the High School office to arrange a pre-planned absence.