October 8, 2020 Daily Announcements
B Day, 3rd and 4th hour afternoon remote class.
Some of you have been wondering what the plan is for Homecoming 2020. As of right now, there will be no dance, however, we are planning on rescheduling if possible. We will still partake in homecoming-week festivities like, the parade, coronation, and spirit week.
- Friday, October 16 - 4pm.
- Parade participants arrive at the east lawn (where we tailgate and decorate floats) at 1:30pm.
- Parade begins at 4pm following the traditional parade route down Washington St., turning on Pine St., and down Main St., ending at the corner of Main and Water St.
Due to social distancing requirements, there will not be a pep rally downtown.
- Friday, October 16th at 7pm.
- Coronation will not be open to the public but will be live-streamed on the Arcola High School Torch Facebook page.
- Weather permitting, coronation will take place at Thomas-Bradford Field.
- Crown bearers, attendants, and past king and queen, will be allowed 4 people each. Members of the homecoming court will be allowed 6 people each.
- If coronation is inside, then those guest numbers will drop to 2 people each.
- Participants arrive at the track (or gym) at 6:30pm.
Members are not required to wear formal homecoming attire. Although, we advise that you do not wear holey jeans or hoodies and adhere to the student dress code.
Voting is not underway for the 2020 Homecoming King and Queen. High school students, please check your emails to complete the ballot. Voting will close next Wednesday at 8:00am.
Homecoming court and attendants, please check your email from Isabelle Hensley and reply to her email by TODAY. She will also be sending out important information regarding coronation so be on the lookout!
Monday: No school
Tuesday: Twin Tuesday
Wednesday: Dress to impress
Thursday: Zoom day (Ex. (show up with a nice shirt on top and pj pants on the bottom)
Friday: Purple Pride
Please remember to self-certify and wear your stickers to school every day. Don’t forget to grab your mask on the way out.
Libmans is hiring! Does anyone need part-time work after school and on Saturdays? Starting pay is $13/hr! The hours will not go past 7pm and school work has to be done (most leave at 6). See the guidance office for more information.
Activities for this week:
Today: JH Girls B-ball Open Gym 3:30-5:00
Friday: Teacher Institute Day- No School
Activities for next week:
Monday: Columbus Day- No School
Wednesday: PSAT/SAT testing for Juniors/Seniors
Remote Learning for 7th-10th
Friday: End of 1st Quarter
Homecoming Parade - 4pm